Features / Summary:
- Threshold based, therefore faster than sorting based methods
- Since the Quadric Matrices are symmetric, only 10 elements are stored & computed per Matrix instead of 16
- Non-closed meshes are supported by extra treating mesh borders
- Simplifies 2.000.000 triangles to 20.000 triangles in 3 seconds on a Core i7
- MIT License
- MS Visual Studio 2012 , C++
Download Source and Data
The code is about 4x-7x faster than Meshlab, which is already fast. Using multi-core programming, it could even be faster.
Here a comparison along Meshlab, QSlim and this method:
Here another comparison: Program output (left) and Meshlab (right).